Monday, May 3, 2010

Attempt 2 Day 1

So the first day has gone well so far. Upon reading the experiences of other polyphasic sleepers I decided to gradually get down to 4-5 hours of sleep. Today I slept a 5 hour core nap from 8am to 1pm. it was a bit difficult to wake up, but not too bad because I had set the coffee machine to go off right when I woke up :)

I almost forgot to take an afternoon nap since I was running around doing errands, but when I got home I felt really sleepy around 6 and took a 40 minute nap. I fell asleep right away and had very vivid dreams (of me getting arrested for driving without my lights on, fun dream), and woke up feeling a little sleepy but not dreadful. I plan on taking a nap at 2am sometime, then going for a swim at 5am, then back to bed again at 8 for my core. I think I'm going to do one more day of 5 hours of core naptime and dial it down to 4 on Tuesday. I feel less stress this time around and I feel it will help my body get used to this new sleep schedule naturally. Here's to hoping!

2 comments:

  1. I can't figure out if you are awake right now or not, your room is so quiet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was awake. I was having not very happy phone calls with people...

    ReplyDelete